Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homestyle White Bread


Okay, according to the book this should be your first loaf and it was my first loaf.


Okay, not really.  The truth is I had made a few loaves before this one but this one was my best loaf so far.  I think it's a combination of it being a good recipe and also the gluten.  I had been having a really hard time finding gluten and had to go to Montana to get it.  I've since found it at home (of course) and it makes a huge difference.

Ingredients:
water
honey
unsalted butter (I used salted - Shh, don't tell anyone)
flour
dry milk
toasted wheat germ, optional (I opted out)
sugar
gluten
salt
yeast

The Verdict:
This was GOOD bread.  You would never know there is honey in it and it's light and fluffy.  It's like this bread was made in heaven!  I'm giving it five stars - you should try it!

4 comments:

Raelene said...

Well, looky what I found today!!!!!! You have another blog!!!! I will follow this one too. You make the BEST bread :)
i miss you :(

Anonymous said...

honey? I'm going to leave it out... especially if you can't tell it's there.

CanadianMama said...

I would not suggest you do that anon. The honey will feed the yeast and without it the bread may not rise. Let me know how it works out!

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your thebreadproject.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com